Turning 60 never looked so good; especially when it comes to providing over six decades of magic, wonder, excitement, and adventure to people from around the world who have visited Disneyland Resorts over the years. On July 17th, the company celebrated an incredible milestone by hitting their 60th anniversary with a bang, providing spectators with an incredible new parade, fireworks extravaganza, as well as a show called ‘World of Color’; mixing creative talent, with entertaining technology.
When talking about Disney’s Diamond Celebration, Bog Iger, Walt Disney’s chairman and CEO noted, that Disney is able to mix an incredible past, with a limitless future; a feat that separates them from many other companies. Built on the spirit of innovation and creativity, the company continues to build on these core values, as they move into the future; never forgetting where they started and what Disney is all about. He also noted that the company is thrilled about their ‘Diamond Anniversary’, and are happy to celebrate the true essence and imagination of a spot where ‘dreams really do come true’.
New attractions to help visitors celebrate along with Disneyland Resorts include:
• A new electrical parade, called ‘Paint the Night’.
• Presented by Honda, a new fireworks display entitled ‘Disneyland Forever’.
• A new presentation, spun from World of Color presentation in Disney California Adventure, entitled ‘World of Color – Celebrate’. Guests will be entertained as the world’s most famous mouse, Mickey Mouse is joined by How I Met Your Mother star, Neil Patrick Harris, as they both set on a magical water canvas adventure.
Additionally, as part of Disney’s 60th celebration, potential guests are invited to participate in a text-in-for-a-chance-to-win Disneyland Diamond Days sweepstakes, which will see prizes awarded daily and weekly. Going with the theme of Diamond Celebration, and providing all the magic and spectacle you would expect from Disney, weekly prizes include:
• A one-carat diamond, customized specifically for Disney, along with a Disneyland Dream suite stay.
• A crystal slipper, resembling the infamous one worn by Cinderella, paired with a diamond-and-topaz pendant. Along with this prize, Disneyland Resorts will offer unique experiences for guests, including a party in Fantasyland or a Mark Twain Riverboat cruise. Prize excursions will vary weekly.
Travel Press reports the daily prize packages for the Diamond Celebration contest include: specialized tours of Disneyland, offered along with dining and VIP access to some attractions, as well as new nightly presentations. Winners of these daily prizes are required on the premises of Disneyland Resort at the time of entry, and during prize redemption in order to take advantage of the unique experiences offered; however theme park admission is not required to enter the contest. For more information on Disney’s Diamond Days Celebration, visit www.disneyland.com.